Friday, March 20, 2009

sleep is apparently not over rated

Okay so my blogging has been slacking a bit. Thank god my week of 55+ hours is done. But funny thing is I still managed to pull a 55+ hour week this week, but only because of acting. I worked on set 16+ hours the other day after working a 3-11 shift, which I felt so bad for Jen because I left her 10 minutes early which is when it got busy. Funny thing about a hotel, even if it seems and looks quiet, within 5 seconds it can became insanely busy, then goes back. Last night I worked an overnight and had an audition at 12 so I decided to rehearse my lines and not sleep, and now that I am finally home I guess my question is how am I able to handle these days of no sleep? 
Funny enough I just read up on what can happen if you are sleep deprived "daytime drowsiness, irritability, increased risk of falling", I happen to have increased my coffee intake, I happen to get aggravated on small things (like if one of the drivers are sitting by the phone and I can't get to it), and after my audition today I fell. I almost broke my ankle too! I had to walk around Brighton until it didn't hurt anymore. Luckily, I only broke some skin on the knee YAY JEANS!! So going further into my studies (damn Jen you have me researching stuff now stop rubbing off on me!) It is a good thing I don't have a car too because apparently fatigue has caused 100,000 accidents and 1500 deaths a year! That's insane! Without sleep your immune system slows down making you more vulnerable to infection or disease.  One thing as I was reading that I was amazed by is that if you get less than 7 hours of sleep you are supposed to make up for it with a few extra hours the next night, but if you have spent several days without much sleep you need a sleep vacation! Get out, there's a vacation towards sleep! Apparently, you just sleep, eat then sleep again for a few days. HA! Who gets to have time to do that??? I want to meet that person! You age too! I don't like that! The more sleep deprived you are the faster you age and makes your life span deplete.  www.helpguide.com
There is so much more I could look up, but after just reading that I think I should probably try sleeping right now. I hate how I have become more of an insomniac than I already was :( Goodnight

1 comment:

  1. HaHa researching is so much fun so if someone argues you're stuff you can be like BAM! that is real info jack backup!

    ReplyDelete