Monday, June 22, 2009

The word "babe"

Okay so when I hear the word babe it's either because you are a good friend of mine or are relationship worthy. I personally use hun...example: "Hey hun are you free later" "Hey hun can you pass the stapler" stuff like that, but when you get "Hey babe what are you doing later" that equals relationship worthy, but this inparticular guy has had a 13 year girlfriend. When is babe appropriate? Inappropriate?
n.
  1. A baby; an infant.
  2. An innocent or naive person.
  3. Slang. A young woman.
  4. Informal. Sweetheart; dear. Used as a term of endearment
Now since I am not #1 I can understand the rest, but look at number 4. I am leaning towards inappropriate.
Another good example of babe in the appropriate way...someone says "happy birthday" "thanks babe". That's a good example. 
Inappropriate: Hey babe we should get a hotel
HAHAAA INAPPROPRIATE! Go sleep in the same bed as your gf you are banned from mine. Plus with age you grow wisdom..right..right. So for a 35 year old man you would think he'd learn the meaning behind words and when not to say them. And he's reaching 40 which really makes me not want to continue our little fling (which I think he hasn't gotten the hint I've been avoiding sex with him for the last 7 months) So I'm thinking that drugs were involved in his childhood. Drugs can distort your memory soooo I'm thinking he just doesn't know lines and boundaries. Or he could think I'm the pig in the movie and thinks my name is Babe...hmm that would bring a whole new meaning to inappropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment